Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Remembering those that came before us....

Since moving to Levy County Florida 6yrs ago I have been fascinated with the old houses that have been abandoned and left to rot and fall down...

These old houses and out buildings represent what were once HOMES full of love and promise....Sheltering the families that worked hard together to make a new life for themselves in the wilderness of North Central Florida...

Now the old families have moved on and the old homes have for one reason or another been left to ruins...I wanted to capture them and the stories they have to tell, before they are all gone...

I hope you will join me on this journey to preserve the memories of by gone days here in Levy County...

Kelsie

The image above is of the old barn on our property...It is the last remaining original building from my husbands kin folk, who arrived in the 1890's in wagons from Alabama to homestead this area...Alas we have no choice by to pull it down as it was already beyond repair when we arrived...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I would love to hear from you.
Blessings Kelsie